The Rubber Group makes custom molded rubber parts for many industries, including the oil and gas industry. Examples include valve seats, regulator seats, diaphragms, gaskets, and O-rings. We provide injection, compression, and transfer molding services, produce rubber-to-metal bonded assemblies, and work with elastomers such as NBR, HNBR, FKM, FEPM, (TFE/P), FFKM, and EPDM. Because of our experience with the oil and gas industry, we also understand the key characteristics that your product designs need to meet.
Request a quote if you’re ready to start a project or keep reading to learn more about what we do.
Rubber Products for Oil and Gas
The Rubber Group molds custom rubber products for upstream oil and gas exploration and production, midstream pipeline and storage, and downstream petrochemical plants. Whether you need molded rubber parts for drilling, distribution, wellheads, or process control, here is some of what we can provide.
- Valve seats for control, butterfly, ball, check, globe and other types of valves
- Regulator seats for the pressure regulators used in high-pressure and shut-off applications
- Rubber diaphragms (static and dynamic) for flow control in pumps, actuators, and accumulators
- Rubber gaskets and seals for valves, manifolds, compressors, pumps and turbines
- O-rings for distribution applications, and for well drilling, well completion and well service
To meet the demands of the oil and gas industry, The Rubber Group molds parts from dependable elastomers. Whether you need high-performance materials that can resist direct contact with petroleum products or environmental seals that can withstand sunlight, water, and ozone, we can help you with material selection.
The table below describes some of the oil and gas industry elastomers that we work with. All of these materials are available in a variety of grades that enhance specific properties such as fluid resistance and high and low temperature capabilities.
|NBR||General-purpose sealing Available in low temperature grades|
|HNBR||Increased resistance to heat, abrasion, and chemicals Good for explosive decompression applications|
|FKM||Increased resistance to heat, chemicals, burning, ozone, oxygen, and weather|
|FEPM (TFE/P)||Resistance to heat, steam, glycol, ammonia, and organic acids Higher compression set|
|FFKM||Higher fluorine content than FKM Extreme high-temperature resistance Almost universal chemical resistance|
|EPDM||Outdoor sealing and contact with steam Not for contact with petroleum|
With our experience at bonding dissimilar materials, The Rubber Group can also supply you with rubber-to-metal bonded assemblies such as spring-loaded seals for fluid handling.
As an experienced provider to the oil and gas industry, The Rubber Group understands the key characteristics that your product designs need to meet. Typically, these material and performance characteristics include the following specifications.
- Abrasion resistance to withstand the removal of surface materials from wear
- Compression set for the ability to “bounce back” after a compressive force is removed
- Chemical resistance for incidental or extended contact with specific chemicals
- Tear strength, or tear resistance, for resistance to tearing or cutting in the direction of the stress
- Stress relaxation when physical or chemical changes reduce the force that that part exerts
- High and low temperature resistance that can withstand high heat and/or extreme cold
- Resilience for elasticity that lasts when a molded rubber part is exposed to various stresses
- Tensile strength, or ultimate tensile strength (UTS), for resistance to stretching
- Elongation for resistance to significant increases in length before breaking occurs
- High pressure resistance for applications such as deep well drilling and down hole installations
- Extrusion resistance that supports high pressure and high temperature applications
- Corrosion resistance that withstands exposure to corrosive hydrogen sulfide gases
- RGD resistance that withstands rapid gas compression (RGD), which can rupture elastomers
- Low friction for contact with hard and rough substrates